Marshall County School System
- The Marshall County School District ranked 5th out of 174 schools districts in Kentucky in state testing in 2014! Marshall County students performed better than 98% of school districts in Kentucky. Even more impressive, Marshall County is the only county school districts in the top ten performing districts.
- Marshall County High School is building a new consolidated middle school set to open in Fall of 2016.
Murray State University
- 11,207 students
- U.S. News and World Report top tier regional universities for 25 consecutive years
- Associate programs: 6
- Bachelor's programs: 155
- Master's and specialist programs: 63
- Doctoral programs: 3
- Average undergraduate class size: 20
Most popular undergraduate fields:
- Animal Health Technology
- Business Administration
- Elementary Education
The University of Kentucky Engineering Campus
- Bachelor's degrees at the Paducah campus include mechanical engineering and chemical engineering. The campus averages 150 students per year, 60 in chemical engineering and 90 in mechanical engineering.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Featuring more than 200 associate degrees, diplomas and certificate options and recognized annually in the top 10 percent of community colleges in the nation. Also named a top five community college in the nation by the Aspen Institute.
- West Kentucky Community & Technical College (WKCTC) provides higher education to more than 10,000 students per year. WKCTC, on average, awards more than 500 associate degrees, 200 diplomas and 1,500 certificates per year. More than 1,600 high school students per year are enrolled in dual-enrollment credit courses earning college credits while still in high school.
- WKCTC provides 40 academic and technical areas. Whether seeking an associate's degree in arts or science that will transfer to a four-year university; training for a career in maritime, computers, business, health and human services, or industrial and engineering technologies; or taking a short, intensive-training program, WKCTC is committed to academic excellence as is exemplified by an experienced, dedicated faculty. WKCTC's two-year programs are designed to easily transfer to four-year universities.
Popular academic programs include:
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
- Nursing (RN Training)
- Business Administration and Management
- Industrial Maintenance/Mechatronics
The most common top-10 majors at WKCTC are as follows:
- Business Administration
- Office Systems Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Information Technology
- MIT: Electrical Technology
- Registered Nursing
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Welding Technology